Lip augmentation refers to a medical process which turns pale dull lips to full and plumpy ones. Presently dermal filler in shape of injections is utilized for lip augmentation techniques.
There exist various kinds of dermal fillers which can be directly injected in the lip region and around the mouth. Mostly, the common fillers available these days comprises of a substance which resembles the qualities of Hyaluronic Acid.
Hyaluronic Acid is a substance naturally present in our bodies, it aids in raising the volume of lips. These kinds of dermal fillers are also termed as hyaluronic acid fillers or lip enhancement treatment.
Collagen is also a common dermal filler which is less commonly used in lip injections. As the upcoming alternatives are safe and their outcomes stay in for a long duration.
Fat implants and injections are also used as a technique to gain voluminous lips. But these are too less common as they carry some degree of risk and their outcomes differ a lot.
Applications of Hyaluronic Acid Filler
Hyaluronic acid fillers are used to enrich the looks for your lips, by reshaping them, offering them with correct structure and appropriate volume.
The outcomes generally last for about 6 months, after which the necessity for top ups arises to maintain the volume of lips.
There are various kinds of hyaluronic acid fillers present across the market. Some among them are:
- Prevelle Silk
- Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk
- Belotero Balance
All such fillers are directly injected in a similar manner and offer resembling outcomes. Some of them even comprise of a local anesthetic, Lidocaine.
Merits of Hyaluronic Acid Filler
Once the medical expert injects the gel-like substance in the lips, the filler helps and shapes the lip tissues. The merits of Hyaluronic Acid fillers used in lip injections in Edmonton are:
- Manages the volume of lips the proportion of substance injected in lips can be managed, so the medical expert has a better level of management on how much volume needs to be developed.
- Slow treatment The injection can be injected slowly during different sessions unless the desired outcomes are gained.
- Easy to dissolve bumps any kind of bumps and lumps so created can be easily dissolved by the movement of lips.
- Less proportion of bruises The chances of acquiring swelling and bruises are very low in comparison to other kinds of dermal fillers.
- Genuine and long lasting outcomesThe outcomes although temporary but they are genuine and lasts for a considerably longer time duration.
- Fewer chances to acquire allergies
As Hyaluronic Acid fillers are developed from a substance which resembles the ones found naturally in our bodies, the chances of acquiring allergies are very less.
Just in case you hold allergies against Lidocaine, communicate this to your medical expert before the treatment initiates.
Cost of having lip augmentation
The cost involved in lip augmentation process differs largely depending upon the following:
- The experience your medical expert hold
- The kind of treatment you opted for
- The area where you reside
Lip augmentation in Edmonton is generally cost as per the number of syringes injected. So, the cost will be based on what proportion of substance is needed.